Do I need a probate attorney?
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  » 
  5. Trusts
  6.  » Updating A Trust

Life Changes Require Regular Reviews Of Estate Plans

Have you created a trust for your benefit or the benefit of others, but recognize now that circumstances have changed? Did you put a trust in place to cover the contingency that you would pass away before your children reached adulthood, but now have offspring who have their own lives and don’t need the protections you put in place? Have you had a trust in place for years, and not taken a look at the terms to verify that it will accomplish your goals?

When a trust no longer meets your needs, my Orange County law firm can help. At the Law Office of Barbara J. Dibble, I firmly believe that effective lawyer-client relationships are built on communication and trust. As a Fullerton trust update attorney, I will take all the time necessary to learn the details of your situation, and to listen to and respond to your questions and concerns.

Identifying Important Updates

I will conduct a thorough review of any trust that you have in place, identifying all potential issues such as:

  • Who is named trustee, and what powers he or she is granted
  • How your spouse, children or others obtain access to property under the trust
  • Whether any property placed in the trust has been sold or otherwise transferred (or if you have acquired new property that needs to be transferred to your trust)
  • Whether the trust most effectively meets your goals under current tax regulations and other laws, including estate tax rules

I will examine whether your objectives can best be met with another type of trust, and can revise or replace a trust that does not meet your needs.

As a general rule, it is not expensive to have a trust reviewed and revised. In all situations, however, I will provide you with a realistic estimate of the potential costs before we start the process.

Have Your Existing Trust And Other Estate Planning Documents Reviewed

To arrange a free initial consultation about changing trusts with an experienced Orange County, California, lawyer, contact my office by e-mail or call me at 714-515-5126. I will meet with you evenings or weekends upon request. My office is conveniently located near the courthouse in Orange County, but I will travel to your home, the hospital or an assisted living facility to meet with you.